Clay Center Presbyterian Manor announces Art is Ageless® winners 2020
Clay Center Presbyterian Manor recently hosted a reception for the winning artists in the annual Art is Ageless® juried competition.
“We are honored to exhibit artwork by seniors,” said Christi Rice, marketing director. “Art is Ageless is unique in featuring only the works of artists age 65 and older. Our artists prove that art, in any form, is an ageless ambition.”
Winners in the Clay Center Presbyterian Manor Art is Ageless juried competition were:
- Best of Show and People’s Choice: Shirley Pfizenmaier, "Hexie Table Topper"
- Judge’s Choice: Kenny Carlson, "Watercolor Dreams"
- Christmas (amateur): Janet Rice, "Christmas Blessings"
- Mixed Media/Crafts (amateur): Betty Sump, "Bird House"
- Painting (amateur): Coleen Weller, "Birches"
- Photography (amateur): Fern Turner, "Flowering Bumble Bee"
- Quilting (amateur): Shirley Pfizenmaier, "Hexie Table Topper"
- 2nd place Photography (amateur): Betty Jones, “Christmas Cactus”
Local competition winners will join winners from 16 other Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America communities to be judged at the masterpiece level. Winning entries at the masterpiece level are selected for publication in PMMA’s annual Art is Ageless calendar and note cards. The 2021 calendar marks the 40th anniversary for the Art is Ageless program. Thank you to our distinguished judges: Robyn Brown, MariLee Green, Vicki Peterson and Cheryl Payne.
Art is Ageless is a copyrighted program of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America. For the competition, works must have been completed in the past five years. Started in 1981, Art is Ageless is an extension of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s wellness programs, which focus on mental, physical, social and spiritual health.
Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s Art is Ageless program encourages Clay Center Presbyterian Manor residents and other area seniors to express their creativity through its annual competition, as well as art classes, musical and dramatic events, educational opportunities and current events discussions throughout the year.
For more information about Clay Center Presbyterian Manor, 924 Eighth Street, Clay Center, contact Christi at 785-632-5646, or email@example.com.